The competition is open to any Final Degree Project from Spanish Universities or international universities with comparable studies. Students can submit final degree projects presented during the 2019/20 academic year, before 23rd October 2020.
Projects entered for the competition must make substantial use of ceramic floor and/or wall tiles in the project.
All the drawings do not necessarily have to match those submitted to the corresponding School of Architecture. Designs can be therefore improved following submission for the final degree project and prior to entry in the competition.
Entry implies the acceptance of these rules.
First prize: 5.000 Euros
Each prize will be taxed in accordance with current legislation.
The panel of judges reserves the right to make special mentions in order to highlight outstanding characteristics of certain projects.
The winning projects will be published on the official competition website www.tileofspainawards.com, as well as in the special book published to commemorate the competition and in the press dossiers published around the world.
3. Submission of entries
The required documents must be sent by WeTransfer (digitally). All the documentation must be submitted in Spanish or in English.
The projects must be sent up to October 23rd at 23:59, by three easy steps:
1- Visit the web and fill in the registration form.
2- Automatically, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a reference number and a link to We Transfer. Clicking on that link, you have to send all the required documents in a zip* folder named as the project’s author.
3- Once we receive and download all the documents you have sent via we transfer, you will receive another email confirming its reception and its download.
Participants must enclose these documents in the zip folder:
• Picture of the author: 300dpi resolution in jpeg or tiff
• Project specifications: Brief text explaining the project’s concept and the materials used on it, pointing out the use of ceramic tiles. This document can be .doc or .pdf
• Plans: Floor plans, façades, sections and details where the use of ceramic tiles is specified. You can include as many drawing, images, pictures and renders as you want in order to make the project understandable.
• Panels: You can include up to four DIN-A2 panels summing up the conception of the project in order to understand it. These panels must include the most important project representations.
4. Panel of judges (see the jury)
The responsibilities of the panel of judges are as follows:
- Judging the entries. The minutes must include a reasoned account of the judges' decision, and each member may include individual reasons for their vote.
- The jury will act collectively and the winner must obtain a majority of the votes. If any judge is also the author of a shortlisted work, they may take part in the voting for all entries except their own.
- The prize must be awarded and cannot be split between two entries.
- The judges may reclassify the entries.
- The judges' decision is final.
5. Calendar and submission of entries
Documents must be sent in a zip folder by We Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org as it is stated in the point 3 of these rules.
Deadline 23rd October at 23:59h.
You can contact ASCER for any queries addressing to the secretariat of Tile of Spain Awards:
ASCER (Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturers’ Association)
Tel.: +34 964 72 72 00
The judges’ decision will be published on www.premiosceramica.com
All contestants agree to co-operate with the organization of the Tile of Spain Awards in Architecture and Interior Design (ASCER) and attend to any press and other media that wish to interview them or visit and photograph their projects. No reproduction rights will be payable on any document submitted for the Awards and the information may be used for advertising purposes (in publications, exhibitions and the media)
7. Data protection
Participants are informed that the personal data collected will be processed by ASCER, with address at Ronda Circunvalación, 186, CP 12003 Castellón de la Plana, and will be treated with the purpose of the proper management of the communications, acts and publications of the Association and its associates with respect to third parties that, like you, are in contact with ASCER.
It is compulsory to complete the data collected, otherwise the application could not be answered.
You may exercise your right to access, rectification, limitation and deletion of data by writing to ASCER, Ronda Circunvalación, 186, CP 12003 Castellón de la Plana or accessing the following link: www.ascer.es/protecciondatos